My live performance setup includes a large number of mp3 backup tracks which I record myself, and to which I add live guitar and vocals.
A few years ago, I upgraded my live performance setup to incorporate the latest technology in stage lighting, effects, and music playback devices. I couldn’t find a low-cost combination of tablet and software that had the features or interface I needed to efficiently operate my show.
So I created a program that would:
- run on low-cost touchscreen tablet computers
- keep track of my entire live performance playlist, music library, and lyrics library
- play my backing tracks
- scroll the lyrics when necessary
- control stage lighting synchronized with the music so I wouldn’t need footswitches or manual dedicated lighting controllers
- control all my effects devices for both guitar and vocals, eliminating the need for footswitches
- be exceptionally easy / intuitive to use
- permit user to customize the look of the display
- be mostly invisible; i.e., not be a distraction itself
- be as close to one-button operation as possible
I know I’m not the only one using this kind of setup out there. I thought others might benefit from this program as well.
The result of this development effort is UTTPro — a program designed to enhance your performance.
UTTPro will help your small act put on a big show!